Hummingbird claims to be the software that the “Twitter Elite” don’t want you to know about. The developers claim that by using Hummingbird software you can automate to the building of a huge twitter following in a matter of weeks rather than months or years. I am a skeptic, I have always been the person that wants’ know “what’s the catch” or if something is to good to be true it probably is. Skeptical not cynical 🙂
So I plunked down some hard earned cash on April 20th of 2009 and decided to give it three weeks. Today is March 8 and I feel that I am in a pretty good position to be able to give this review. So that’s 19 days of owning the software, probably 15 days of using it, and I am SHOCKED at how well it works.
Here is the background information:
1. I created a brand new twitter account on the 20th of April. I added a picture to the account and I had ZERO followers at that point. Here is a copy of the email receipt to show when I got the software.
2. I searched the Internet for some relevant links in the niche that I was interested in and then copied the URLs into a text file on my desktop making some notes to what the web page was about.
It looked like this:
My tweet, and then the url that I found:
How to do a short sale – http://www.ehow.com/how_8132_short-sale.html
Snag a great deal on a short sale http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/27/real_estate/short_sale.moneymag/index.htm
How to exit your property with a short sales http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/hotproperty/archives/2007/03/the_new_exit_st.html
I created about 40 links like this by searching google for “short sale 2009”
3. I posted about 10 of these links into my newly created twitter account while inside the Hummingbird interface just so that I had some content for people to read when they checked out my profile.
4. I used hummingbirds built in twitter following tool to find followers and I picked a keyword that I wanted to follow. I found a user talking about short sales and they had about 3500 followers. I clicked on their profile, and then on the list of their followers and when the list of their followers came up I pressed the button in Hummingbird to auto-follow the users in the list.
5. I then started posting every 5 or 10 minutes one or two of the remaining links that until I had posted about 30 total links including the original ten before I turned on Hummingbird.
6. At this point I was about three hours into the process and I had followed nearly 1000 people. I manually stopped Hummingbird because I did not want go get the account banned on the first night for following to may people. This was just too easy.
7. I had about 40 people following me within four hours. I then went back to step number 2, rebuild my tweets for the next day and went to sleep.
8. When I woke up I had 327 people following me! This was in less than 8 hours! I kept posting links throughout the day.
9. On day two all I did was post links and kept following the rest of the people in the account from that I was originally following. I got up to about 1100 people that I was following and about 36 updates. At the end of day two I had 331 unique twitter followers all found and auto followed with Hummingbird.
11. At about 8pm on day two, I started my first mass unfollow. And the next morning my numbers were even at about 331 followers and 381 following.
10. Day three I just posted about 20 new links found the same way as step 2.
12. I then started the process over again. Basically wash, rinse, repeat. I have done this three times in since I started using the software and as of today May 8, 2009 I have 1,627 followers and I am following 2,001 total twitter users and everything was automated with Hummingbird.
13. In Summary:
- Start a twitter account
- BUY HUMMINGBIRD – $197 is cheap!
- Search Google for relevant content
- Post 10-20 updates per day
- Use hummingbird to find a person with lots of followers in your niche follow their followers
- Wait 24-36 hours and unfollow the people that are not following you
- Post 10-20 new tweets a day
*** I will tell you that the first 200 followers are the most difficult, actually maybe the first 40 are the toughest, people don’t want to be the first to follow a new user but one I got to about 40 twitter followers the Hummingbird really helped me to kick it into over-drive. ***
Results on Day 11
This software is amazing! I would most certainly recommend Hummingbird if you want to automatically build a twitter following. It is a great twitter manager software that automates the tiring tasks!
Results on Day 15.